The town of Akumal is located on the Eastern coast of the Yucatan Peninsula on the Caribbean coast of Mexico. It is on Eastern Standard Time, but does not observe daylight savings. It is located about 60 miles south of Cancun, which is easily accessible from the US via several major airlines, including American, Southwest, United, and Frontier. Akumal is a straight drive south from Cancun Airport on Highway 307, about an hour and fifteen minutes.
• Exit the Cancun Airport and keep to your right following signs to Highway 307. Go south towards Chetumal.
• As you approach Akumal, you will pass under a pedestrian bridge. Here, take a right into Akumal Pueblo, immediately before the overpass.
• Go to the top of the hill and make a U turn, then come back down the hill and up over the bridge.
• Continue into Akumal through the arch, and follow the road to the left into North Akumal. Pass through the guard gate.
• Follow this road for about 1 kilometer until you pass La Buena Vida Restaurant and Akumal Dive Adventures on Half Moon Bay. Soon you will see the brightly colored Del Sol Hotel on the right.
• Del Sol Condos are next, then the reception office. Further up the road past two buildings, about 50 yards north, is Del Sol Norte—the bright green 4 story building.