The town of Akumal is located on the Eastern coast of the Yucatan Peninsula on the Caribbean coast. It is almost due south of Chicago and in the same time zone as these cities. It is located about 60 miles south of Cancun, which is easily accessible from the US via several major air carriers, including American, Southwest, United and Frontier. Akumal is a straight drive south from Cancun Airport on Highway 307 (about an hour and fifteen minutes).
• Exit the Cancun Airport and keep to your right following signs to Highway 307. Go south towards Chetumal.
• As you approach the Akumal exit you will pass under a pedestrian bridge. The entrance for Akumal will be immediately on your left. The highway median will not allow you to turn there. You must continue straight on the highway for about 100 meters to the first “RETORNO” (break in the median for a U turn).
• Carefully make a U turn and go back to the Akumal entrance.
• Turn right and drive down the Akumal access road and continue under the arch.
• Follow the road to the left towards North Akumal and Yal ku lagoon.
• Continue on this road for about 1 kilometer until you pass La Buena Vida Restaurant and Akumal Dive Adventures on Half Moon Bay. Soon you will see the brightly colored Del Sol Hotel on the right.
Del Sol Condos are next, then the reception office. Further up the road past two buildings, about 50 yards north, is Del Sol Norte – the bright green 4 story building.